Freedom Collision Repair, part of Priority Automotive Group, located just down the street from Priority Toyota Chesapeake, is one of the fastest growing collision centers in Hampton Roads. Our collision center is located at 1712 Hearthside Court E, Chesapeake, VA 23325, and we are aggressively growing our business and are currently looking for a full-time Experienced Auto Mechanic. We offer very competitive wages, commensurate with experience. We also offer opportunity for training and advancement within the company.
We are looking for a motivated professional individual who possess a great attitude is willing to work with a team. We are seeking someone who is a self-starter who is motivated and energetic. Needs to be well organized, possess a great attitude, and a willingness to learn new processes and procedures. 2-5 years’ minimum experience in automotive mechanic repair, collision and ASE training is a plus but not required. Must be able to operate all types of vehicles, including manual transmissions. No inner engine or transmission work.
All applicants must be at least 18 years old, possess a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Repair damaged vehicles using technical information sheets in accordance with repair orders, estimates and manufacturer standards.
- Checks parts against estimate and ensures proper parts are ordered and received.
- Make “repair or replace” decisions concerning safety, costs and cycle time with guidance from Management.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic equipment if needed so Bodymen can make repairs.
- Skill and knowledge in the diagnosis of suspension damage
- Perform airbag replacement, dash work, electrical diagnosis, and alignments.
- Work and communicate with Managers and Estimators on the vehicle repair status (including supplements).
- Utilize all required safety equipment, follows proper repair procedures and adheres to all requirements for hazardous waste disposal.
- Keeps personal work area organized and clean, returns tools and maintains parts/materials carts in an organized manner.
- Perform assigned duties in a safe and responsible manner that does not expose yourself or other employees to unnecessary risk of injury.
Must pass background check and drug test.
We offer an excellent compensation package for full-time employees including:
– 401K/Profit Sharing
– Vacation/Sick Leave
– Professional Atmosphere
– Opportunity for Advancement