Freedom Collision Repair, part of Priority Automotive Group, located just down the street from Priority Toyota Chesapeake, is one of the fastest growing collision centers in Hampton Roads. Our collision center is located at 1712 Hearthside Court E, Chesapeake, VA 23325, and we are aggressively growing our business and are currently looking for a full-time Experienced Body Technician. We offer very competitive wages, commensurate with experience. We also offer opportunity for training and advancement within the company.
We are looking for a motivated professional individual who possess a great attitude is willing to work with a team. We are seeking someone who is a self-starter who is motivated and energetic. Needs to be well organized, possess a great attitude, and a willingness to learn new processes and procedures. 5 years’ minimum experience in collision repair, I-CAR certification and ASE training a plus, must be able to perform repairs on all aspects of damage including frame repair. Must be able to operate all types of vehicles, including manual transmissions.
All applicants must be at least 18 years old, possess a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Repair damaged vehicles using technical information sheets in accordance with repair orders.
- Make “repair or replace” decisions concerning safety, costs and cycle time.
- Perform structural or replacement repairs, airbag replacement and basic mechanical work.
- Perform different types of sheet metal welding and metal finishing.
- File, grind, and sand repaired surfaces using power tools and hand tools.
- Work and communicate with Managers and Estimators on the vehicle repair status (including supplements).
- Utilize all required safety equipment, follows proper repair procedures and adheres to all requirements for hazardous waste disposal.
- Keeps personal work area organized and clean, returns tools and maintains parts/materials carts in an organized manner.
- Perform assigned duties in a safe and responsible manner that does not expose yourself or other employees to unnecessary risk of injury.
- Knowledge of Aluminum panels is a plus but not required
Must pass background check and drug test.
We offer an excellent compensation package for full-time employees including:
– 401K/Profit Sharing
– Vacation/Sick Leave
– Professional Atmosphere
– Opportunity for Advancement
- Sign on bonus possible for the right candidate